On the 28th of December 2015, the Hon. Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Folorunsho Adewole was in the Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido-Ekiti for the commissioning of some completed Capital Projects within the FETHI premise. These capital Projects are:
- Ent, Ophthalmology and Dental department Building
- Surgical and Medical specialist Clinical building
- Surgical sub-specialty wards and operating theatres
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) Building
- Pharmacy Building
- Hospital Main Guest
- The Cafetaria, ABUAD COMPLEX, FETHI
- Clinical Students Hostel 1, ABUAD COMPLEX, FETHI
- The Animal Husbandry Building, ABUAD COMPLEX, FETHI
- Administrative Block, ABUAD COMPLEX, FETHI
- Clinical Students Lecture Block, Auditorium Teaching, Laboratories and Library ABUAD COMPLEX, FETHI
- Clinical Student Hostel 2, ABUAD COMPLEX, FETHI
In his welcome Address, the CMD, Dr. Lawrence Majekodunmi Ayodele appreciated the visitation of the Hon. Minister, and enunciated his achievements during the period of his tenure thus far at the hospital. He ended his welcome address by encouraging the staff of the hospital to be more committed to their duties.
Among other important dignitaries at the event were the Aare Afe Babalola, being the Special guest of Honour, the Kabiyesi Olojudo of Ido-Ekiti, Oba Ayorinde Ilori Faboro and the Executive Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose, ably represented by the Hon. Speaker of Ekiti State. The event ended with the cutting of cake!