Tertiary Institution Social Health Insurance Programme (TISHIP) has been extended to FMC School of Nursing students to access qualitative health care services.
The HOD of NHIS Department, Mrs Foluke Ayodele while delivering her lecture said that the presidential mandate is to provide Health Insurance Services to all Nigerians by 2015.According to her, this initiative was the engine behind TISHIP; which is a package for students even on holiday and contributions are based on ability to pay and access Health Care Services when needed.
Benefit of the package:
- Out-patient care including consumables
- Prescribed drugs and diagnostic test
- Consultation with range of specialists
- Eye examination and care excluding provision of spectacles
- Dental care
- Emergency care for accidents
- Health Education and Counseling
- Physiotherapy up to a maximum of three sessions
However, Mr Ajodi who represented the State Executive Secretary of NHIS commended the effort of the CMD in welcoming the TISHIP Initiative.
Finally, the Chief Medical Director congratulated all the School of Nursing students and staff for setting a pace and enjoined them to make good use of the scheme.