Area of Specialty
- PAEDIATRICS OTOLARYNGOLOGY
- SKULL BASE SURGERY
- SPEECH and PHONOSURGERY
- HEAD and NECK SURGERY
Residency Training Programme
The Department is accredited by the West African & National Postgraduate Medical Colleges. There are currently four (4) residents in the department at various stages of their training.
Research and Clinical Trials
Some of the published researches are:
1. Reasons for Cancellation of Surgeries in a Nigerian Tertiary Hospital
2. Topical ear drop self-medication practice among the Ear, Nose, and Throat patients in Ido-Ekiti, Nigeria
3. Drug Utilization Trends in ENT Practice-A review of literatures
4. The Pattern of Otorhinolaryngological Manifestations in Pregnant Women in South Western-Nigeria.
5. Preauricular Sinus-classic versus Variant Types among a Cross-section Subjects in Southwestern Nigeria.
6. The Impact of Adenotonsillectomy on Health- Related Quality of Life in Pediatric Patients
7. Hearing loss molecular analysis
8. Bacteriological agents of chronic discharging ears and their antibiotic sensitivity pattern in Ido-Ekiti,
9. Knowledge, attitude and awareness of hazards associated with use of cotton bud in a Nigeria community.
10.Sensorineural Hearing Loss in patient with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia – A case study.
1. Additional consultants
2. Additional nurses
3. Additional audiologists and speech therapists
1. ENT dedicated ward
2. Sleep study unit and services
3. VNG(Videonystamography) Equipments
4. Subspecialties-otology, rhinology, Laryngology and Head & Neck