The Legal Unit is an administrative extension of the Chief Medical Director’s office saddled with the responsibility to provide legal advice, opinions, and services to the Management of the hospital on emerging issues.
The Unit ensures that the hospital services and general activities comply with relevant regulations, laws and statutes which help to manage, as well as, avoid complications or legal contentions.
The unit was created in 2009 to address some pressing legal issues at the time. It kicked off with a Lawyer, Messrs OLAGUNJU N. L. ESQ. LL.B, BL., LL.M; with time the number of Lawyers increased to provide contemporary professional legal services for the hospital on clinical, administrative and general matters.
Staff demography and brief profile.
There are four  qualified Lawyers currently in the service of the hospital, and one  Executive officer.
- Ojo- Ajayi, O.I., Esq. LL.B [Hons], BL., LL.M, an alumnus of Igbinedon University, Okada, Edo State and Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti [ABUAD] respectively. She was called to the Nigerian Bar over a decade ago and she is the head of the unit.
- Adetunji Adeniyi, Esq. LL.B [Hons] BL., LL.M [In view], graduated from University of Ado Ekiti, now Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti in 2012 and subsequently called to the Nigerian Bar. He is a post graduate student of Obafemi Awolowo University [OAU], Ile- Ife.
- Ibitayo D. S., Esq. LL.B [Hons] BL., LL.M [In view], studied at Ahmadu Bello University [ABU] Zaria, graduated in 2013 and thereafter called to the Nigerian Bar. He is currently a post graduate student of Obafemi Awolowo University [OAU], Ile-Ife.
- Ogunrinde Olaoluwa, Esq. LL.B [Hons] BL., LL.M [In view], graduated from Afe Babalola University Ado- Ekiti in 2019 and subsequently called to the Nigerian Bar. She is also a post graduate student at Afe Babalola University, Ado- Ekiti.
- Mrs Ilori Oluwatosin bagged Ordinary National Diploma [OND] in public administration from the prestigious Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti.
- Legal opinion and advice.
- Legal representation and litigation.
- Prepare, analyze and interpret documents.
- Draft, vet contractual documents.
- Training, orientation and reorientation of staff on legal aspects of different professional practices in the hospital.
- Letter writing.