- Our vision are to be the hub of the hospital data information system, from where data/information needed for effective planning, policy formulation and an informed management decision are timely and adequately sourced.
- To provide a repository of functional Think Tank capable of galvanizing the scheme on the path of sustainable Development.
- To provide comprehensive, accurate, consistent and relevant data/information through sciences of collection, collation, presentation, analysis and interpretation of data to generate useful information.
- To ensure Effective planning, adequate Statistics, performance and periodic Assessment facilitated by Reliable Data and Records for the hospital.
PLANNING RESEARCH AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENT
The Planning Research and Statistics department of the Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti, at inception started as planning units under department of administration. In 2022, the hospital under the leadership of able and visionary team of leaders headed by Prof. E.A Ajayi who saw the need for adequate and effective planning, established full fledge Planning Research and Statistics (PRS) department. The PRS department has three functional units namely; Planning unit, Research and Statistics unit and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit. The department is kicked off by few numbers of staff headed by an Assistant Director of Administration, Mr. E. A. Alake. The department is ablely blessed with competent hands who are specialists in their respective fields of studies who are in turn an asset to the department.
The staff demography of the department spans the three units as earlier mentioned above, therefore the demography is presented in the order of department head, planning unit, Research and Statistics unit and ICT units.
The Staff Demographic Chart
|CHIEF ADMIN OFFICER||1|
|ASST. CHIEF STAT OFFICER||1|
|PRINC. EXECUTIVE OFFICER||3|
|ASST. CHIEF PROGRAM ANALYST||1|
|ASST. CHIEF SYSTEM ANALYST||2|
|PRINC. SYSTEM ANALYST||3|
|SENIOR COMPUTER ENGINNER||1|
|PRINC. TECHNICAL OFFICER||5|
|SENIOR SYSTEM ANALYST||1|
|SENIOR PROGRAM ANALYST||1|
|SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER||1|
|HIGHER TECH. OFFICER||1|
FUNCTIONS OF THE PLANNING REASEARCH AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENMT.
Planning, Research and Statistics hold a commending height in the actualization of the goals of the organization and therefore by implication, the nation’s goal attainment.
The Functions of PRS Department.
- Development of plans (rolling, medium and perspective);
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Plan Implementation;
- Members of the Tenders Boards;
- Research into the operational modalities of the organization.
- Sorting and Monitoring of Performance and Efficiency Targets for the various Departments and Units.
- Constant collection and processing of Data and statistics for informed management decisions.
- Management of the Centre’s records and information resources (Data Bank, Computer Services/Management Information system, Registry, Library, etc.).
SERVICES RENDER BY THE DEPARTMENT.
The Department renders the following services/ functions;
- Draw up plans for programs/projects for the hospital and coordinate the collaboration activities of the hospital with Federal Ministry of Health and other bodies that relate to Planning, Research and Statistics.
- Provide comprehensive, timely, relevant and responsive management information generated from and for the clinical and management activities in the hospital, through vigorous collaboration with all the departments and units in the production of clinical and administrative statistics.
Specifically, the units render the following services/ functions;
- Drawing-up the hospital’s development projections.
- Publication of annual report and hospital statistics.
- Computerization of the hospital.
- Members of Procurement planning committee/Tender board.
- Preparation and compilation of annual program/achievement reports.
- Monitoring of implementation of project/program of Management, Departments/Units.
- Carry out research into the operations and Management modalities of the departments.
- Providing and managing operational data bank for the hospital.
- Host the Information Communication Technology of the hospital.
- Developing, coordinating and managing of the hospital’s library (both electronic/manual).
- Planning of policy formulation and implementation of the hospital’s activities.
- Coordination and collation of submissions from departments and units for strategic/rolling plans, capital budgets in collaboration with finance department.
- Liaising with the parent Ministry and other Agencies as may be approved by management.
- Undertake periodic review and performance appraisals of the Departments and Units with a view to reposition such units for improved service delivery.