The department of Physiotherapy Federal Teaching Hospital Ido-Ekiti one of the very important clinical departments that are responsible for the centre’s excellent health care services being celebrated by the people of Ekiti. It is presently the best physical treatments provider in the whole of Ekiti State and competes very well with other tertiary hospitals noted for high quality care services in the country as at today.
The mission of the department is mainly to render comprehensive physiotherapeutic services to deserving or referred clients patients based on clinical assessment, medical information and ultimate professional decision, to render to the patient the best available assistance in the curative, preventive, and rehabilitative aspects of Physiotherapy.
Presently, the department operates in two units namely; In-patient and Out-patient.
Areas of Specialty
The department has established various specialties as prescribed by the licensing board. These areas of specialty are as follow:
- Neurology / Medicine
- Orthopaedics / Manual Therapy
- Paediatrics Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in Women’s health
- Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy
- Geriatric Physiotherapy
- Community Physiotherapy
News and Events
- The department organise weekly clinical seminar and appraisal. This is targeted towards improving relevant clinical skills and building capacity in the handling of patients.
- We have zero tolerance for quackery and in collaboration with the Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy; we ensure regular and up-to-date renewal of practising licenses.
- The department also encourages inter-disciplinary collaboration with other professionals within the hospital Together with other professionals, we participate in community outreaches most especially Igogo and Ise annexes.
- We have a solid ever dynamic Physiotherapists who provide regular ante-natal exercises and enlightenment to pregnant women on their clinic days. They identify clients with high risk pregnancy and offer relevant and timely interventions
Future Expansion Plans.
- Increase awareness among our target clients concerning the services offered by practice by using the local media house.
- Improve attention to issues that might discourage potential patients from patronizing our practice, leading to an increase in income for the hospital.
- Reinforcing our relationship with referring physicians to increase referrals leading to increase in income generation.